I successfully defended my dissertation on Sept. 22, 2020 and I am going to earn my Ph.D. in Computer Science @ University of Kentucky, under the direction of Dr. Nathan Jacobs.
I am excited about using computer vision and deep learning techniques to solve real-world problems. I have focused on a variety of problems, including medical image understanding, galaxy cluster estimating, and radiographic synthesizing.
- 09/22/2020: Successfully defended my PhD thesis today! Thanks to the many people who supported me and helped me along the way! HOORAY!
- 09/16/2020: The research team/project of galaxy cluster analysis is featured in UKNow.
- 08/25/2020: One paper about using deep learning on astrophysics image is accepted by the Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society. (impact factor: 5.356)
- 07/31/2020: One paper on Alzheimer's disease diagnose using MRI images is accepted by ECCV'20 BIC Workshop.
- 07/29/2020: One paper about neural network calibration is accepted by BMVC'20. (Acceptance rate 29.1%)
- 07/29/2020: One research about Alzheimer's disease is mentioned in UKNow.
- 06/30/2020: One paper about calibration for medical imaging classification models is accepted by ICML'20 Uncertainty & Robustness in Deep Learning Workshop.
- 06/15/2020: One paper about biomarkers categorized and their predictive utility in identifying different stages in Alzheimer’s disease (AD) progression using is accepted by Nature Communications Biology.
- 04/17/2020: Received the Outstanding Ph.D. Student Award of the Computer Science Department for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- 04/10/2020: One paper about weakly-supervised self-training for breast cancer localization is accepted by EMBC'20 as an oral presentation.
- 02/18/2020: AI in Healthcare published an article that highlighted my latest JACR paper about the inconsistency performance of deep learning on breast cancer classification. [Read more here]
- 02/14/2020: One paper about translational relevance of deep learning model performance on mammograms is accepted by the Journal of the American College of Radiology (impact factor: 4.268).
- 02/10/2020: One conference paper on mammography classification is invited to the thematic issue entitled "Artificial Intelligence on High Throughput Data for Biomedical Research" in the Combinatorial Chemistry & High Throughput Screening (impact factor: 1.503).
- 11/18/2019: An interesting article was published highlighting some of the work I have been doing on using computer vision techniques to identify breast cancer. [Read more here]
- 11/01/2019: One paper on defending against adversarial attacks on point-cloud neural networks accepted to IEEE Big Data 2019
- 10/01/2019: Two papers on mammography classification are accepted by BIBM'19 as oral presentations
- 08/02/2019: One abstract on unsupervised mammography classification is accepted for oral presentation at C-MIMI'19
- 07/19/2019: One abstract on 2D-3D mammography classification accepted for oral presentation at RSNA 2019
- 05/07/2019: One poster on mammography analysis is received the 2nd Place in Basic Science Category at MCCRD'19
- 04/03/2019: One paper on CT imaging standardizing using GAN is accepted by IEEE ICHI'19 as oral presentation (acceptance rate ~28%) [pdf] [bibTex]
- 03/27/2019: Paper on hand skeletal shape estimation is accepted by IEEE Transactions on NanoBioscience (impact factor:2.791) [html] [bibTex]
- 01/14/2019: One abstract on mammography dataset evaluation is accepted by 2019 SBI/ACR Breast Imaging Symposium
- 06/12/2018: One abstract on chest CT analysis is accepted by AMIA'18 (acceptance rate ~22%) [pdf]
- 04/26/2017: One abstract on radiomic features dependency study is accepted by AAPM'17 as oral presentation [html] [bibTex]
- 05/06/2016: One paper on pedestrian detection is accepted by ICIP'16 [htm] [bibTex]
- 04/02/2016: One paper on pedestrian detection is received Best Graduate Oral Paper Award for Natural Sciences Category at the 46th WKU Annual Student Research Conference
- 08/10/2016: Join in the Ph.D. in Computer Science Program at University of Kentucky
- 04/30/2016: One paper on pedestrian detection is accepted by IEEE ICIP'16 [htm] [pdf] [bibTex]
- 07/12/2015: One paper on traffic sign detection is accepted by IEEE ChinaSIP'15 [pdf] [bibTex]