I am an Assistant Professor of Computer Science at Eastern Kentucky University. I did my Ph.D. study at the University of Kentucky, under the direction of Dr. Nathan Jacobs. I am excited about using computer vision and deep learning techniques to solve real-world problems. I have focused on a variety of problems, including medical image understanding, galaxy cluster estimating, and radiographic synthesizing. Before diving into the deep learning world, I earned an undergraduate degree that focuses on video game design and worked in the industry for a while. I am thrilled that I can pick up video game design at the EKU Gaming Institute.
- 04/12/2021: One abstract on deep learning based enteral feeding tube positioning assessment is accepted to the AAPM 63rd Annual Meeting and will be presented in the (scientific) session of Imaging: AI in Imaging on 07/25/2021.
- 11/02/2020: I officially join EKU today! I am excited to start my career and open a new chapter of my life! I am also thrilled to work with the students at the CS department and EKU Gaming Institute.
- 10/30/2020: One paper on galaxy cluster richness estimation is accepted to 2020 NeurIPS Workshop on Machine Learning and the Physical Sciences. Galaxy cluster richness estimation is related to understanding dark matter, which is the matter occupied about 85% of the universe but cannot be observed yet.
- 10/10/2020: One paper about galaxy cluster cooling time prediction is accepted to ICPR2020. (Acceptance rate 28.47%)
- 09/22/2020: Successfully defended my PhD thesis today! Thanks to the many people who supported me and helped me along the way! HOORAY!
- 09/16/2020: The research team/project of galaxy cluster analysis is featured in UKNow.
- 08/25/2020: One paper about using deep learning on astrophysics image is accepted by the Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society. (impact factor: 5.356)
- 07/31/2020: One paper on Alzheimer's disease diagnose using MRI images is accepted by ECCV'20 BIC Workshop.
- 07/29/2020: One paper about neural network calibration is accepted by BMVC'20. (Acceptance rate 29.1%)
- 07/29/2020: One research about Alzheimer's disease is mentioned in UKNow.
- 06/30/2020: One paper about calibration for medical imaging classification models is accepted by ICML'20 Uncertainty & Robustness in Deep Learning Workshop.
- 06/15/2020: One paper about biomarkers categorized and their predictive utility in identifying different stages in Alzheimer’s disease (AD) progression using is accepted by Nature Communications Biology.
- 04/17/2020: Received the Outstanding Ph.D. Student Award of the Computer Science Department for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- 04/10/2020: One paper about weakly-supervised self-training for breast cancer localization is accepted by EMBC'20 as an oral presentation.
- 02/18/2020: AI in Healthcare published an article that highlighted my latest JACR paper about the inconsistency performance of deep learning on breast cancer classification. [Read more here]
- 02/14/2020: One paper about translational relevance of deep learning model performance on mammograms is accepted by the Journal of the American College of Radiology (impact factor: 4.268).
- 11/18/2019: An interesting article was published highlighting some of the work I have been doing on using computer vision techniques to identify breast cancer. [Read more here]
- 11/01/2019: One paper on defending against adversarial attacks on point-cloud neural networks accepted to IEEE Big Data 2019
- 10/01/2019: Two papers on mammography classification are accepted by BIBM'19 as oral presentations
- 08/02/2019: One abstract on unsupervised mammography classification is accepted for oral presentation at C-MIMI'19
- 07/19/2019: One abstract on 2D-3D mammography classification accepted for oral presentation at RSNA 2019
- 05/07/2019: One poster on mammography analysis is received the 2nd Place in Basic Science Category at MCCRD'19
- 04/03/2019: One paper on CT imaging standardizing using GAN is accepted by IEEE ICHI'19 as oral presentation (acceptance rate ~28%) [pdf] [bibTex]
- 03/27/2019: Paper on hand skeletal shape estimation is accepted by IEEE Transactions on NanoBioscience (impact factor:2.791) [html] [bibTex]
- 01/14/2019: One abstract on mammography dataset evaluation is accepted by 2019 SBI/ACR Breast Imaging Symposium
- 06/12/2018: One abstract on chest CT analysis is accepted by AMIA'18 (acceptance rate ~22%) [pdf]
- 04/26/2017: One abstract on radiomic features dependency study is accepted by AAPM'17 as oral presentation [html] [bibTex]
- 05/06/2016: One paper on pedestrian detection is accepted by ICIP'16 [htm] [bibTex]
- 04/02/2016: One paper on pedestrian detection is received Best Graduate Oral Paper Award for Natural Sciences Category at the 46th WKU Annual Student Research Conference
- 08/10/2016: Join in the Ph.D. in Computer Science Program at University of Kentucky
- 04/30/2016: One paper on pedestrian detection is accepted by IEEE ICIP'16 [htm] [pdf] [bibTex]
- 07/12/2015: One paper on traffic sign detection is accepted by IEEE ChinaSIP'15 [pdf] [bibTex]